Happy 10th Birthday, iTunes!
You've come a long way, baby. Back on your birthday on January 9, 2001 at Macworld Expo, you were just a music player and manager -- the Apple-ized offspring of SoundJam MP, given a fresh face. Soon enough, though, you would become the conduit for iPod synchronization, the platform for music and video purchases, and now the landing zone for the iOS App Store.
Commenter Kevlar points to our rundown of the iTunes user interface from 1.0 to 7.0, here, and Twitter buddy MightyKenny points to a YouTube clip of the actual 2001 introduction; it's embedded in the second half of this post.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync