Centrafuse offers iPhone control via touchscreen
We know what you're thinking. "I've always wanted to crash my car, but only if I can blame it on a hilarious YouTube video." Well gas up the Civic and put some fresh Ace Wrap in the glove box, because your chance is nearly upon you.
YouTube user Mister Romin has demonstrated how he used an iPhone, a Lilliput FA1042 touchpanel, a Belkin AV dock adapter cable and Centrafuse to control an iPhone via an external display. Centrafuse is a framework for creating touch-enabled, in-vehicle solutions. Aside from entertainment applications, developers can use Centrafuse to create GPS navigation solutions, voice recognition, Bluetooth connectivity and more.
It sure looks cool, and suggests what can be done with an iPhone as a "carputer." Just keep an eye out for stray deer while playing Plants vs. Zombies.
Check out the video after the break.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV