Centrafuse offers iPhone control via touchscreen
We know what you're thinking. "I've always wanted to crash my car, but only if I can blame it on a hilarious YouTube video." Well gas up the Civic and put some fresh Ace Wrap in the glove box, because your chance is nearly upon you.
YouTube user Mister Romin has demonstrated how he used an iPhone, a Lilliput FA1042 touchpanel, a Belkin AV dock adapter cable and Centrafuse to control an iPhone via an external display. Centrafuse is a framework for creating touch-enabled, in-vehicle solutions. Aside from entertainment applications, developers can use Centrafuse to create GPS navigation solutions, voice recognition, Bluetooth connectivity and more.
It sure looks cool, and suggests what can be done with an iPhone as a "carputer." Just keep an eye out for stray deer while playing Plants vs. Zombies.
Check out the video after the break.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration