Seas0nPass jailbreak app for Apple TV now available
While Seas0nPass is new, fireCore is a name that should be familiar to Apple TV owners. This group also released aTV Flash, a software package that adds streaming services like Last.fm, an HTML 5 web browser and more to the Apple TV. The latest version aTV Flash (black) is in beta and is available as a pre-order for US$19.95. It requires a jailbroken second generation Apple TV.
Unlike aTV Flash, which is available for a nominal fee, Seas0nPass is open source and available for free. The tool was designed for the second generation Apple TV only, so please don't try this with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The current version of Seas0nPass is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 or later. A Windows version is under development and will be available soon.
Interested Apple TV owners can grab the download and pertinent instructions at Seas0nPass.com. The source code is available here on Github. Remember, jailbreaking is inherently risky and the comments on fireCore's website suggest this tool may be riskier than normal. Jailbreaking is done at the sole discretion of the reader, and we assume no responsibility for bricked Apple TVs.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration