Seas0nPass jailbreak app for Apple TV now available
While Seas0nPass is new, fireCore is a name that should be familiar to Apple TV owners. This group also released aTV Flash, a software package that adds streaming services like Last.fm, an HTML 5 web browser and more to the Apple TV. The latest version aTV Flash (black) is in beta and is available as a pre-order for US$19.95. It requires a jailbroken second generation Apple TV.
Unlike aTV Flash, which is available for a nominal fee, Seas0nPass is open source and available for free. The tool was designed for the second generation Apple TV only, so please don't try this with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The current version of Seas0nPass is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 or later. A Windows version is under development and will be available soon.
Interested Apple TV owners can grab the download and pertinent instructions at Seas0nPass.com. The source code is available here on Github. Remember, jailbreaking is inherently risky and the comments on fireCore's website suggest this tool may be riskier than normal. Jailbreaking is done at the sole discretion of the reader, and we assume no responsibility for bricked Apple TVs.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV