Twitter for Mac lets you tweet from anywhere in Mac OS X
Here's a nifty feature of the recently-released Twitter for Mac. It adds a contextual menu option to Mac OS X 10.6.6 for super-easy tweeting. Just highlight a bit of text, right-click (or Control-click if that is your wont) and select "Tweet" from the contextual options. Twitter for Mac will produce a compose window with your selected text intact.
We've found that it works in Safari, Chrome, iCal, OmniFocus, TextMate ... pretty much any Cocoa app that supports contextual menus (but not Microsoft Office apps). It's certainly convenient, especially for those for whom copy-and-paste is just too much work. Check it out and enjoy contextual-tweeting.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)