Twitter for Mac lets you tweet from anywhere in Mac OS X
Here's a nifty feature of the recently-released Twitter for Mac. It adds a contextual menu option to Mac OS X 10.6.6 for super-easy tweeting. Just highlight a bit of text, right-click (or Control-click if that is your wont) and select "Tweet" from the contextual options. Twitter for Mac will produce a compose window with your selected text intact.
We've found that it works in Safari, Chrome, iCal, OmniFocus, TextMate ... pretty much any Cocoa app that supports contextual menus (but not Microsoft Office apps). It's certainly convenient, especially for those for whom copy-and-paste is just too much work. Check it out and enjoy contextual-tweeting.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV