Apple's new Berlin store will open in upscale Kurfürstendamm
Two different German Mac news sites report that Apple's latest store in Berlin will be placed in the Kurfürstendamm section of the city, an upscale shopping avenue that houses big fashion store name hotels and nice restaurants. That sounds about right for an Apple store.
Both iFun and Macerkopf report that the location will have 5,000 square feet in a former movie theater located across from the Hard Rock Cafe. Posted to Flickr by user Katymcc, the photo to the right shows the location in 1950, when it was renamed the "Wien," formerly known as the Union Palace. iFun says construction is waiting on a few permissions, but there's no word on when the store will be done or officially opened.
Apple is making a nice push for retail overseas lately, so by the time this new Berlin store is completely finished, it should be yet another jewel in the Apple retail crown.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved