Apple's new Berlin store will open in upscale Kurfürstendamm
Two different German Mac news sites report that Apple's latest store in Berlin will be placed in the Kurfürstendamm section of the city, an upscale shopping avenue that houses big fashion store name hotels and nice restaurants. That sounds about right for an Apple store.
Both iFun and Macerkopf report that the location will have 5,000 square feet in a former movie theater located across from the Hard Rock Cafe. Posted to Flickr by user Katymcc, the photo to the right shows the location in 1950, when it was renamed the "Wien," formerly known as the Union Palace. iFun says construction is waiting on a few permissions, but there's no word on when the store will be done or officially opened.
Apple is making a nice push for retail overseas lately, so by the time this new Berlin store is completely finished, it should be yet another jewel in the Apple retail crown.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app