Apple's new Berlin store will open in upscale Kurfürstendamm
Two different German Mac news sites report that Apple's latest store in Berlin will be placed in the Kurfürstendamm section of the city, an upscale shopping avenue that houses big fashion store name hotels and nice restaurants. That sounds about right for an Apple store.
Both iFun and Macerkopf report that the location will have 5,000 square feet in a former movie theater located across from the Hard Rock Cafe. Posted to Flickr by user Katymcc, the photo to the right shows the location in 1950, when it was renamed the "Wien," formerly known as the Union Palace. iFun says construction is waiting on a few permissions, but there's no word on when the store will be done or officially opened.
Apple is making a nice push for retail overseas lately, so by the time this new Berlin store is completely finished, it should be yet another jewel in the Apple retail crown.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs