Dear Aunt TUAW: Will my jailbroken iPhone back up?
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I want to jailbreak my 4th gen iPod touch, but there is something I'm unsure about. If I want to unjailbreak it (because of performance issues, etc.), is there any possible way for me to do that without losing all of my data? I have scoured the internet, and I haven't been able to come up with a concrete answer. Thanks for your help.
Love & kissies,
Your nephew, Luke
Are you flossing regularly? Good oral hygiene isn't just about brushing. Your gum health is tremendously important, after all you don't want to end up with gingivitis.
As for backups? You can backup a jailbroken device just like any nonjailbroken one. Connect it to iTunes and let it do its work. Be aware, however, that jailbreak-specific apps generally are *not* backed up through iTunes. You usually have to re-install them by hand unless you want to hunt down a third-party tool to help with that.
Hugs and oatmeal cookies (after a well-balanced nutritious meal, of course),
Dear Aunt TUAW, I want to jailbreak my 4th gen iPod touch, but there is something I'm unsure about. If I want to unjailbreak it...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station