Griffin adapter attaches iPad to mic stand, calls it Mic Stand Mount for iPad
A few weeks ago we mentioned IK Multimedia's iKlip -- an adapter that attaches your iPad to almost any mic stand. Around that same time, Griffin announced its own version of a similar apparatus at CES 2011: the aptly if not bluntly named Griffin Mic Stand Mount for iPad.
Griffin describes Mic Stand Mount for iPad as follows.
- Mount your iPad on a mic stand
- Screws onto industry standard (5/8" 27-thread-per-inch) microphone stands
- Fully adjustable tilt and swivel; locks safely and positively into landscape or portrait orientation
- Rubber inserts securely grip your iPad on its four corners
- Full access to volume controls, dock connector and audio jack
However, there appears to be one significant difference between the two. The iKlip attaches to the neck of a mic stand -- leaving the actual head of the stand free to hold something else (like a mic). The Griffin Mic Stand Mount for iPad, on the other hand, is secured to the head of a mic stand alone. This basically means, if you're a singer / instrumentalist, you'll need a separate mic stand if you go for the Griffin mount.
The Griffin Mic Stand Mount for iPad is priced at US$39.99 and will be available later this month.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client