Netflix: Apple TV users are surpassing iPad users
Netflix released its quarterly earnings on Wednesday, and a note in the document indicated that, in just four months, the number of Netflix users streaming content through the Apple TV has surpassed those streaming through the iPad. The company doesn't speculate on why, but it's most likely because iPad users are liable to be doing something other than watching Netflix on the devices, but it also helps that more than a million of the new Apple TVs have been sold.
Netflix also said that the iPhone app has grown popular as well, but more people are using Netflix by far through laptops (both Windows and Mac), the PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV