Retro iPhone case adds Gordon Gekko style
Miss out on living in the 1980's with the big hair and the white-washed jeans? Don't fret -- now you can bring a little bit of 80's flash to 2011 with this Gordon Gekko-style iPhone case from Thumbs Up. Brought to our attention by Gizmodo, this "80's Phone" iPhone case is carefully designed to make your slim and sleek device a large, bulky conversation piece capable of making your acquaintances believe you are a time traveler from the past -- or simply the exact opposite of an early adopter.
While many clever iPhone cases have been making the rounds lately, like this Apple Newton case or this Etch-a-Sketch one, the "80's Phone" case takes the cake for me as a specialty case because it's modeled after phones that people actually used 20-30 years ago. Priced at around US$20, it would be a rather funny gag gift for your favorite iPhone owner. However, after living through the 80's and still having nightmares about phones that big, I myself may have to stick to one of the new iPhone cases that our own Victor Agreda, Jr. saw at CES a few weeks ago.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more