Macworld 2011 Best of Show winners announced
Now that Macworld Expo 2011 is complete, the official Best of Show winners have been selected and announced by the Macworld editors. We got to look at some of the choices. Here are a few highlights.
BusyToDo is the latest solution from BusyMac, the folks behind BusyCal and BusySync. BusyToDo puts simple, synchronized to-do items on your iCal from your iPhone. They've pulled it off quite well, and you can watch our interview with John from BusyMac here, which includes a nice demo of BusyToDo.
The Awind McTiVia is a set-top box for streaming video from your Mac to your TV. For those either without an Apple TV or looking to enhance their home media setup, it's a nice option. For US$199, the McTiVia connects to your TV via HDMI and wirelessly to your Mac. It's even got a USB port for connecting a mouse and keyboard, should your media Mac be hidden away.
The OWC Mercury Aura Pro Express Solid State Drive that we looked at a few weeks ago also walked away with the honor. The OWC SSD kit beefs up your current-generation MacBook Air's storage, and it also adds a lot of speed. OWC claims peak data rates of 275 MB/s, making them up to 22 percent faster than what's currently available.
There are seven other winners on the list, and we'll let you find out what they are. Remember, it's never too early to start writing your holiday wish list.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options