iPod Classic stock low, prompts refresh rumors
AppleBitch picked up a tip that the shipping times are getting pretty long for the iPod Classic and that many Apple retailers are simply out of stock. Since the iPod Classic hasn't been updated since fall 2009, we're now seeing speculation that the iPod Classic might be due for a refresh soon. Hardmac reported last month on a new line of hard drives that could indicate the iPod Classic's capacity might go up to 220 GB.
Reinforcing the news, AppleBitch points out that Amazon.com shipping times for the iPod Classic run 2 to 4 weeks. MacStories points out that Best Buy says the iPod Classic is backordered. We'll probably see other Apple sites pick up on these hints, and some solid speculation about when a new iPod Classic announcement will appear.
AppleBitch picked up a tip that the shipping times are getting pretty long for the iPod Classic and that many Apple retailers are simply...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs