iPod Classic stock low, prompts refresh rumors
AppleBitch picked up a tip that the shipping times are getting pretty long for the iPod Classic and that many Apple retailers are simply out of stock. Since the iPod Classic hasn't been updated since fall 2009, we're now seeing speculation that the iPod Classic might be due for a refresh soon. Hardmac reported last month on a new line of hard drives that could indicate the iPod Classic's capacity might go up to 220 GB.
Reinforcing the news, AppleBitch points out that Amazon.com shipping times for the iPod Classic run 2 to 4 weeks. MacStories points out that Best Buy says the iPod Classic is backordered. We'll probably see other Apple sites pick up on these hints, and some solid speculation about when a new iPod Classic announcement will appear.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app