Wüdskin is a Kickstarter-sponsored bamboo and aluminum iPad case
We've talked about Kickstarter here before -- it's a site that allows people to try and raise money for ideas or projects that they're working on. And there's an iPad-related project that's being funded right now. The Wüdskin is a protective iPad case made out of bamboo and aluminum that's a little bulky, but pretty striking anyway. It definitely looks sturdy. There's a hinge on it that also works as a stand, and the hinge is the same that's used in some laptop screens, so it's both durable and well-designed.
I like it -- I wouldn't necessarily use it around the house, but if I was bringing the iPad on a trip, I would definitely use it for protection. You have to contribute at least US$150 to the Kickstarter project to pick up an actual case yourself, but if you do so, not only do you get the "discount" (no word on how much it will cost once it's finished), but you'll get a t-shirt, an engraved bamboo plaque, and you'll also be mentioned on the website as a supporter.
Unfortunately, the project has only raised about 1/10 of the $10,000 it's trying to put together by next month, so it may not get funded at all. But if you're interested in the Wüdskin, you can make a donation right now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration