Sparrow mail application now available in the Mac App Store
Sparrow announced today that version 1.0 of its popular email application is now available in the Mac App Store. The developers listened to customer feedback and dropped the price from US$25 to a much lower $9.99. The paid version is free of advertisements and lets you add multiple email accounts. A free, ad-supported version, Sparrow Lite, is also completed and awaiting App Store approval.
A quick note for those that installed the beta version. You will notice the Mac App Store detects this beta version and prevents you from purchasing the full 1.0 version. To purchase version 1.0 from the App Store, you must uninstall the beta app using the instructions here. Once the beta version is removed, purchasing and installing the paid version will be as easy as pie.
Thus far, the customer response to Sparrow has been incredibly favorable. After a mere few hours on the Mac App Store, the mail application has already climbed to the #1 spot on the top paid applications chart. It is also #2 in top grossing applications and is bested only by Apple's Aperture. We have been following the application since its debut late last year and have been impressed with its elegant simplicity and clean interface. We recommend you give Sparrow a try.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter