Pixelfari browser lets you surf like it's 1982
Not every app on your Mac has to be useful -- sometimes you just want to have a little retro fun. That's the idea behind Pixelfari, a free "pixely, 8-bitty" version of the Apple Safari web browser.
The browser was the brainchild of Neven Mrgan, who brought us The Incident, a game for iOS and Mac that is also an 8-bitter. What Pixelfari lacks in clarity and readability, it makes up for in laughs. It's especially humorous when those obnoxious Netflix pop-under ads show up in their 8-bit splendor...
[via Daring Fireball]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter