Pixelfari browser lets you surf like it's 1982
Not every app on your Mac has to be useful -- sometimes you just want to have a little retro fun. That's the idea behind Pixelfari, a free "pixely, 8-bitty" version of the Apple Safari web browser.
The browser was the brainchild of Neven Mrgan, who brought us The Incident, a game for iOS and Mac that is also an 8-bitter. What Pixelfari lacks in clarity and readability, it makes up for in laughs. It's especially humorous when those obnoxious Netflix pop-under ads show up in their 8-bit splendor...
[via Daring Fireball]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype