Kickstarter-sponsored WALdok is a speaker dock that plugs into your wall
It takes quite a bit for me to be impressed with yet another speaker dock. I run my music through some pretty good PC speakers, so I don't really have a need for a separate speaker to play music directly from my iPhone. But something about the WALdok appeals to me. It's a tiny dock that plugs into the wall and gives you what sounds like a surprisingly powerful speaker anywhere you have an outlet. Combine it with the nano, as you can see above, and I think I might be sold on a tiny and simple solution for something like a workspace or a hobby room.
The whole project is being funded through Kickstarter, which means it's just an idea that someone had and ran with. For pledging US$59 or more, you get access to one of the first units off the assembly line, and you get to read about the product as it's made and designed on the process blog.
This definitely doesn't seem like just another dock. The project is aiming for $30,000; it's nailed down just over half of that so far, but I don't think they'll have a problem getting a few units out there to start.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved