Dr. Drang's excellent comparison of iPhone notes apps
If you're looking for a good note-taking app for your iPhone (especially if you're fed up with the built-in app's syncing non-functionality), check out this comparison of four of them from Dr. Drang.
Simplenote, Elements, PlainText and Nebulous Notes are all compared for cost, syncing, TextExpander support, fonts, searching, sorting, full-screen mode, word count and more. The apps vary in price from US$1.99 (Nebulous Notes) to Simplenote's $20/year subscription, via PlainText and
Nebulous Notes Elements, both at $4.99.
Dr. Drang's favorite is Elements; he says, "W hile I'm still not happy with its use of byte-order marks and CRLF line endings, overall it fits my way of working better than the others."
Do you have a favorite note-taking app? Do you prefer scribbling them by hand, then photographing them with Evernote? Let us know in comments below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync