MacDec provides another way to combine keyboard and Magic Trackpad
There's a growing number of devices that allow Mac users to combine their keyboards and Magic Trackpads into a single unit. Steve Sande took a look at TwelveSouth's MagicWand not long ago.
But if you have the money to spare and want something really sleek -- and expensive -- thodio will sell you the MacDec, a thick slab made out of wood or acrylic that will hold your devices securely in place with the aid of eight powerful magnets. The wood MacDecs run roughly $138 and the acrylic around $165 -- the original prices are in Euros.
Unlike the MagicWand, which places the Magic Trackpad to the side of the keyboard, the MacDec orders them in a laptop-like configuration, actually in the shape of a 15-inch MacBook Pro.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows