Lots of App Store sales going on this weekend
I can't think of anything really special about this weekend (though GDC is coming up next week), but quite a few app developers have put their apps on sale for some reason. Here are some of the deals in Apple's App Stores this weekend:
- 148Apps has a list of free apps, including an interesting card game called Shadow Era.
- Gameloft has put its whole library on sale, more or less, for just 99 cents each.
- iSlash is completely free over the weekend.
- The great Lemmings-like Spirits (and its iPad counterpart) are on sale for 99 cents as well.
- The minimalist writing app, WriteRoom, is on sale on the Mac App Store for just $4.99. It's usually $24.99, but this sale is a great deal, designed for those who already have a WriteRoom license to transfer their purchase over to the MAS.
- An app called FX Photo Studio has dropped its price to 99 cents, and Translation Fire, which will do a variety of translations for you, is free for the next few days.
- Finally, Grokion, which does a pretty good impression of a Metroid game on iOS, has also gone free for GDC.
- Here's one more late arrival: Battleheart is on sale for the amazing price of 99 cents. That's a must-buy at that price -- here's why.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free