TUAW's Daily App: Tiny Wings
Some games and apps picked for our Daily App become hits after they get selected, but others sort of pop out of the App Store as fully-formed hits already, and we just follow along. Tiny Wings is one of the latter. It's already a huge hit, having beat out Angry Birds for the top paid spot on the App Store. If you haven't played it yet, it's definitely worth a try. In Tiny Wings, you're a little bird with (surprise) tiny wings. By touching the screen, you can speed the cute little guy up and down hills that he can ramp off of, trying to travel as far as possible while collecting speed boosts.
Like some of the best games on the App Store, it's hard to explain, but it's very easy to play. Just a moment with Tiny Wings is all it takes to figure it out. The gorgeous art and music make the experience casually excellent; it's very simple to jump into, but kind of tough to master.
I can't recommend Tiny Wings enough. If you haven't picked it up on the App Store for US$0.99 yet, odds are you will soon anyway. This is developer Andreas Illiger's first app, but it looks like he struck gold on his first try.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter