Apple announces Smart Covers for iPad
After the lackluster reception to the original Apple iPad case, a new product called Smart Covers was introduced alongside the iPad 2 today.
The case will come in five colors in both polyurethane and leather -- the poly costing $39 and the leather $69. The cover is more like a cover flap that leaves the back of the iPad exposed. It's held on by magnets, which are said to help auto-align the cover with the iPad. It has a microfiber lining that will clean the screen.
The cover will wake the iPad when you peel it back, and put it back to sleep when you close it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)