Use a Smart Cover to stick your iPad to the fridge
OK, so this one definitely comes under the heading "Don't try this at home," with the sub-heading "Unless you're completely crazy ... and even then maybe not."
That's right, that's what the picture shows: someone's worked out that the bevy of magnets in an iPad 2 Smart Cover are strong enough to hold the iPad to a refrigerator door.
This raises at least two questions: first, what kind of mind do you need to wonder if your five hundred dollar (or more) chunk of magic can be held to a refrigerator door by the magnets in its cover -- and then actually try it? Also, will AppleCare cover this when it all turns to tears?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)