Apple TV 2 a bit cranky lately? There's a new update today
Software update 4.2.1 (build 2100) can be had by going to your Settings Menu on your Apple TV, then select General and then Update Software. You can also update your Apple TV by connecting it to your Mac or PC with a Micro USB cable and opening iTunes. (Yes, the Apple TV internal version numbering doesn't align with the overall iOS version, which is 4.3 at the moment.)
The update also fixes audio glitches on some TV models, and it adds the patented Apple "stability and performance fixes" we know and love. If you have a second-generation Apple TV get clicking. The update is suggested for all Apple TV second-generation owners.
Important note: Several people are having trouble logging into Netflix after this update. I've confirmed that issue, but I can't bring up Netflix from my iPad or desktop Mac either. Now Netflix has this update on its website. "We're sorry, the Netflix website and the ability to instantly watch movies are both temporarily unavailable."
Thanks to Markus for the heads up.
If you have a second-generation Apple TV that has exhibited some flickering or failure to wake from sleep, Apple has just the update...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved