Apple sets dates for WWDC 2011: June 6-10
Apple announced the dates for WWDC 2011 this Monday morning. The Apple developers' conference will take place from June 6 to June 10 at Moscone West in San Francisco.
As expected, Apple will "unveil the future of iOS and Mac OS" at the developers conference. Apple will also host hundreds of technical sessions and offer code-level assistance from Apple engineers.
Besides details on iOS 5.0, WWDC is also expected to unveil the final details and availability of Mac OS X Lion. Apple may also introduce the iPhone 5, but recent rumors suggest a fall launch of iOS and the iPhone 5 instead of the traditional summer debut.
Update: The Loop has chimed in with information that suggests WWDC this year will be a software-only event. No iPhone, iPad or Mac hardware will be introduced. Gartner analyst Michael Gartenberg also cautions customers about getting caught up in this yearly cycle, "There is no reason for Apple to follow a predictable yearly pattern, and it keeps their competition off guard a little bit."
Apple announced the dates for WWDC 2011 this Monday morning. The Apple developers' conference will take place from June 6 to June 10 at...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free