Element Case Joule Chroma iPad stand works with iPad 2
We've covered the Element Case Joule iPad stand several times here on TUAW, even giving away some specially-made TUAW-logoed stands to several of our readers. Now Element Case has partnered with us again to introduce the new Joule Chroma line of iPad stands, and yes, we will be giving one away.
The Chroma line comes in six bright colors -- orange, red, blue, pink, grey and black -- and there's even a matching Ultrasuede liner to caress your iPad. The Joule stand is set up with rubber pads at the bottom to keep it from sliding across smooth surfaces as you tap on the iPad screen, and the tilt foot magnetically attaches to one of three ports to adjust the angle at which the iPad sits. Finally, there's a speaker port so that your tunes aren't muffled when the iPad is nestled in the stand in portrait mode.
The Joule Chroma isn't for everyone; at US$149.99, it's definitely a luxury item. And you probably don't want to use it with the Smart Cover installed, as you'll want to use this when you're using the iPad 2. But if you're looking for a very classy and well-made machined aluminum product with which to prop up your iPad, the Joule Chroma is a heck of a choice.
As noted earlier, we will be giving away a Joule Chroma to one TUAW reader. Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment telling us which of the six colors you'd like to receive if you win the giveaway.
- The comment must be left before Friday, April 1, 2011 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive an Element Case Joule Chroma iPad stand valued at $149.99.
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter