JBL introduces OnBeat speaker dock for iPad, iPhone, iPod
If you've somehow avoided buying a speaker dock for your iPad, iPhone or iPod up to this point, then you might want to wait until next month before you make your decision. That's when the JBL OnBeat speaker dock will be available at Apple and Best Buy stores.
Priced at US$149.95, the OnBeat is JBL's first foray into the iPad dock market. They've obviously put some thought into the design, building a swoopy design big enough to comfortably hold an iPad in portrait or landscape orientation and packing a pair of Phoenix full-range transducer speakers that can pump out your favorite tunes with great clarity and volume. The OnBeat produces 7.5 watts of computer-optimized, DSP-equalized audio per channel.
Not only does the OnBeat dock handle your tunes, but if you happen to have a set of composite video cables handy, you can run 'em between the OnBeat and your TV. JBL supplies an IR remote with the OnBeat so that you don't have to get up from the couch to change tunes, and of course, you can use the dock to keep your favorite iToy charged up.
As you can see from the image above, the OnBeat dock looks pretty cool, too. I don't know if it's just me, but with that iPad attached it looks like some sort of robot samurai... We'll try to get one of these docks soon for testing and giveaway.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update