World Backup Day: giveways, tips and more
Trust the Reddit community to come up with cool, constructive ideas amidst the links to silly images. Today, March 31, is World Backup Day, mostly because some Redditors thought it would be a good idea to remind everyone that hard drives are not, in fact, made from wonderflonium; they fail, and when they do they take your data with them.
We think backing up is crucial, and we love to remind you as often as we can about the tools, gear and strategies you can use to make sure you don't suffer unrecoverable data loss when the inevitable happens (or if your machine goes missing).
First up: from OWC, two two-pack sets of NewerTech StoraDrive antistatic cases to hold your bare backup drives -- perfect for stashing an offsite backup on the shelf at your cousin's house. Just comment on this post (telling us your backup app of choice, if you like) for a chance to win, and don't miss the bigger goodies later on!
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter leave a comment on this post about your backup app of choice.
- The comment must be left before Saturday April 2nd at 11:59pm EDT.
- You may enter only once.
- 2 winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Prize: One NewerTech StoraDrive two-pack of drive cases (ARV US$14.99)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter