AViiQ Smart Case for iPad 2 works with your Smart Cover
AViiQ is an accessories manufacturer that loves to do things with aluminum. TUAW reviewed the AViiQ Portable Laptop Stand last October, which is a slender folding wedge of thin aluminum that props up your laptop and takes up little or no space in your bag. Now the company is putting some of that design and manufacturing expertise to use with a new iPad 2 product.
The AViiQ Smart Case for iPad 2 (US$49.99) is now available for pre-order and looks like a winner. Unlike the Yoobao Products Executive Leather folio case reviewed by TUAW's Mel Martin yesterday, the AViiQ Smart Case is meant to complement the iPad 2 and Smart Cover, not hide it.
The case is made of 1.5 mm thick anodized aluminum in all the right spots to provide the ultimate in strong protection, while using other materials where necessary to keep the Smart Case transparent for wireless access. It comes in colors that precisely match Apple's Smart Covers, or you could mix up the colors for an extra impact.
AViiQ offers a 30-day money back guarantee on its products, so if you don't like the case you can get a full refund. Knowing the quality build on its other products, I don't think you'll be returning the Smart Case. We'll have a full hands-on review later this month.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time