AViiQ Smart Case for iPad 2 works with your Smart Cover
AViiQ is an accessories manufacturer that loves to do things with aluminum. TUAW reviewed the AViiQ Portable Laptop Stand last October, which is a slender folding wedge of thin aluminum that props up your laptop and takes up little or no space in your bag. Now the company is putting some of that design and manufacturing expertise to use with a new iPad 2 product.
The AViiQ Smart Case for iPad 2 (US$49.99) is now available for pre-order and looks like a winner. Unlike the Yoobao Products Executive Leather folio case reviewed by TUAW's Mel Martin yesterday, the AViiQ Smart Case is meant to complement the iPad 2 and Smart Cover, not hide it.
The case is made of 1.5 mm thick anodized aluminum in all the right spots to provide the ultimate in strong protection, while using other materials where necessary to keep the Smart Case transparent for wireless access. It comes in colors that precisely match Apple's Smart Covers, or you could mix up the colors for an extra impact.
AViiQ offers a 30-day money back guarantee on its products, so if you don't like the case you can get a full refund. Knowing the quality build on its other products, I don't think you'll be returning the Smart Case. We'll have a full hands-on review later this month.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration