Apple planning Moscow, Russia Apple Store
Apple may be moving forward with plans to expand its retail arm into Russia. According to ifoAppleStore, Apple Senior Vice President of Retail Ron Johnson and Vice President of Real Estate Bob Bridger visited Moscow recently and toured the newly renovated Hotel Moskva, which is located in the heart of downtown Moscow. The former Hotel is in the final stages of reconstruction and will be the future home of the Four Seasons Hotel and other retail establishments.
Apple is reportedly looking at a 16,000 square-foot, two-level retail space within the building that should be ready for occupancy by the end of 2011 or early 2012. A lease has not been signed, but a decision on renting the space could be made very soon. This store would be the first for Russia and the first to land in far Eastern Europe. Currently, there are no Apple stores in any of the former Soviet Union republics, and the Easternmost store is located in Dresden, Germany.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature