Apple planning Moscow, Russia Apple Store
Apple may be moving forward with plans to expand its retail arm into Russia. According to ifoAppleStore, Apple Senior Vice President of Retail Ron Johnson and Vice President of Real Estate Bob Bridger visited Moscow recently and toured the newly renovated Hotel Moskva, which is located in the heart of downtown Moscow. The former Hotel is in the final stages of reconstruction and will be the future home of the Four Seasons Hotel and other retail establishments.
Apple is reportedly looking at a 16,000 square-foot, two-level retail space within the building that should be ready for occupancy by the end of 2011 or early 2012. A lease has not been signed, but a decision on renting the space could be made very soon. This store would be the first for Russia and the first to land in far Eastern Europe. Currently, there are no Apple stores in any of the former Soviet Union republics, and the Easternmost store is located in Dresden, Germany.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options