Plex 1.1 for iOS adds functionality, interface changes
Put simply, Plex version 1.1 is everything that FrontRow should be. For a start, it streams to your iDevice, presents plenty of online media ... you get the idea. The only advantage FrontRow has is price, and at US$4.99 Plex probably won't break the bank.
The latest version includes many new and updated features, like improved subtitle and audio stream selection support, Direct Streaming and Direct Play support.
One interesting addition is TV out and AirPlay support, though the latter is still "experimental," which suggests less-than-optimal performance.
Plex 1.1 also offers much improved live encoding. For example, Plex 1.1 will note what your Apple TV 2 can manage and only convert what needs to be converted, leaving other streams intact.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature