Adobe Audition moves to Mac with CS5.5, Soundbooth EOL
It's one of those things where you blink and you almost miss it, but part of Adobe's CS5.5 announcement earlier today includes the news that Adobe is finally releasing its Audition software. Adobe Soundbooth, its Mac-only audio toolset, has reached end-of-life status, and development and sales will cease April 24. A beta version of Adobe Audition for the Mac was released in November.
Soundbooth users on CS3, CS4 or CS5 can upgrade to Adobe Audition CS5.5 for US$99. Those who upgrade their Production Premium or Master Collection will automatically have full access to the software. Normal retail price of Audition will be $349.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync