NPD: Mac sales up 47% in March
The numbers are out on NPD's March report for computer sales, and our favorite Apple analyst, Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster, said MacBook Pro sales continued to drive Mac sales overall, boosting them up to a 47 percent year-over-year-growth. Munster says that despite an overall drop in the amount of PC sales worldwide, Apple will likely announce Mac sales of 3.6 to 3.7 million units, which is slightly more than Wall Street expects.
iPod sales, however, are reportedly down according to Munster and NPD's accounting. The analyst still expects sales to come in above expectations, but they're charting a 10 percent year-over-year drop for Apple's music players.
Apple is set to announce earnings during a conference call this Wednesday -- we'll be listening in, of course, and we'll let you know what we hear.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter