Apple abandons effort to secure "POD" trademark
Apple has apparently decided to abandon its trademark application for the term "POD." Apple filed for the trademark in Canada on July 2004. After a series of changes required by the Canadian government and extensions that span seven years, Apple has decided to abandon the patent. The abandonment procedure began on December 2010 and was finalized on April 13, 2011.
The term "iPOD" is still covered by an Apple trademark, but the word "POD" is now up for grabs. Look for the next ePOD eReader or aPOD mp3 player to hit the market in the coming months.
Apple has apparently decided to abandon its trademark application for the term "POD." Apple filed for the trademark in Canada on...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved