Apple abandons effort to secure "POD" trademark
Apple has apparently decided to abandon its trademark application for the term "POD." Apple filed for the trademark in Canada on July 2004. After a series of changes required by the Canadian government and extensions that span seven years, Apple has decided to abandon the patent. The abandonment procedure began on December 2010 and was finalized on April 13, 2011.
The term "iPOD" is still covered by an Apple trademark, but the word "POD" is now up for grabs. Look for the next ePOD eReader or aPOD mp3 player to hit the market in the coming months.
Apple has apparently decided to abandon its trademark application for the term "POD." Apple filed for the trademark in Canada on...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free