TUAW's Daily App: Super Stickman Golf
Super Stickman Golf is a golf game, and a pretty good one at that. But it's not like any golf game you've ever played before. For one thing, it's played in 2D. Like Worms, you line up a shot, hit an energy meter right where you want it to go, then send your ball across a variety of 2D stages. But this is a wacky game of golf -- some of the stages have floating islands and other obstacles in them, and some of your shots can either get hit or roll off at weird angles.
Fortunately, you have some help in the form of ball power-ups, so your golf balls can stick to the walls, freeze in midair or otherwise careen around the stages. It's a lot of fun; it's still golf, but it's more of a wacky arcade sport than the "good walk ruined."
The presentation is great, with solid controls and good music to back up the proceedings. There's an amazing amount of content, with six clubs, over 250 holes to play, multiplayer and Game Center leaderboards and more content on the way. At just US$0.99 during a current sale, Super Stickman Golf is a bargain. If you're still not sold, there's a free version to check out as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype