Scosche freeKEY Bluetooth keyboard: flexible and splashproof
Have you ever wanted to spill water onto your Bluetooth keyboard? Of course not. But that doesn't mean that some day you might not accidentally dump an icy glass of sweet tea onto the keyboard or have one of the kids decide to give Mr. Keyboard a bath in the toilet.
Schosche's new freeKEY Bluetooth keyboard (US$59.99) doesn't mind spills, although a swim in the loo might prove too much. The chiclet-type keyboard rolls up like a frightened armadillo for compact travel and is made of a water-resistant silicone material. When it gets wet, simply shake it off. Chiclet keyboards have been known to be typing-unfriendly in the past, so you may want to try one out at a local retailer before buying.
The freeKEY is available now, works with all of your Bluetooth-equipped devices, including the iPad 2, and comes with a retractable USB to micro-USB cable for recharging. There's video on the next page, showing the freeKEY in action as it gets splashed and rolled up into a snug cylinder. I'm hoping to try one out soon for a full TUAW review just to see how comfortable the keyboard is, and to see how the freeKEY works after spilling a Margarita on it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options