Image spotted on Apple's website hints at iWork '11
A small misstep by Apple in a MacBook Air image hints at the rumored iWork 11 suite. Located directly above the iPhoto image in the right sidebar is a reference to the rumored productivity suite. Rumors coming fast and furious last year pointed to a January launch of the iWork 11 applications along with the Mac App Store. While the OS X App Store debuted on time, the suite of applications, which include Pages '11, Numbers '11 and Keynote '11, did not materialize.
This above image does not guarantee iWork '11 will appear in the immediate future. In fact, we have seen this shot briefly before in the early days of the Mac App Store, but Apple is now re-purposing it for use with the MacBook Air. Of course, it could be an oversight by Apple, but we're hoping it suggests the productivity suite is still on Apple's radar. Fingers-crossed it will get some love at WWDC.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options