Juicies: A colorful Kickstarter project with the Earth in mind
Kickstarter has been a wonderful way for entrepreneurs to get the money they need to fund a project, and we've seen our share of successful -- that is, fully funded -- projects here at TUAW as well as some that have been flops.A few weeks ago on Earth Day, we received notice of a rather plain product with a different twist. Hawaii-based designer Laurens Laudowicz wasn't happy with the poor quality of some third-party iPhone and iPad charge/sync cables, and he found himself using a pen to mark cables to figure out which were usable with his iPad and which were not.
The result? Laurens started obsessing about cables, and decided to create something different. His Juicies cables all work with the higher wattage iPad, they're made of sustainable materials, and they come in ten different colors instead of the usual white or black. Want red, green, orange, or blue cables? You've got 'em, and four more colorful options in addition to black and white.The project was fully-funded in just three days on Kickstarter. The funding period ends on May 23, and Laurens is hoping to use any extra funding that may accrue for some other ideas he has up his sleeve.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements