Drum sticks, guitar picks for GarageBand for iPad needs support
Aspiring musicians with a gentle touch should check out this project from the Australian group behind the Wallee mount for the iPad. The designers are developing rubberized accessories, branded Pix & Stix, to be used with GarageBand on the iPad 2. The project includes a pair of drum sticks and a guitar pick that lets you use the iPad like a real instrument. Both the sticks and the guitar pick include electro-conductive rubber tips compatible with the iPad's capacitive touchscreen display.
The group is selling a set of two sticks and one pick for US$14.95 in a project that is funded similar to Kickstarter. The group is now accepting pre-orders and production will begin when the project reaches its funding goal. If not enough people jump on the Pix & Stix bandwagon, then your money will be refunded after 30 days. Besides this $15 price tag, iPad musicians may want to figure in the cost of a rider policy that covers cracked screens resulting from an overenthusiastic drum solo.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter