WiMAX case brings 4G speed to iPhone in South Korea
South Koreans with an iPhone 4 on wireless provider KT will be able to browse the mobile internet at 4G speeds thanks to KT's new KWF-B2500 WiMAX sleeve for the iPhone. Dubbed the Egg, the sleeve contains an extended battery to boost the iPhone's juice, providing up to five hours of 4G mobile broadband usage. As with any sleeve, the Egg will add 2.4 ounces (68 g) of weight and 8 mm of extra bulk to the iPhone 4.
If you prefer to keep your iPhone 4 slim, KT also released the new KM-MR100 mobile hotspot which provides 4 hours of WiMAX connectivity on a single charge. Both the iPhone 4 sleeve and the mobile hotspot are available for 128,000 South Korean Won (US$120).
South Koreans with an iPhone 4 on wireless provider KT will be able to browse the mobile internet at 4G speeds thanks to KT's new...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs