WiMAX case brings 4G speed to iPhone in South Korea
South Koreans with an iPhone 4 on wireless provider KT will be able to browse the mobile internet at 4G speeds thanks to KT's new KWF-B2500 WiMAX sleeve for the iPhone. Dubbed the Egg, the sleeve contains an extended battery to boost the iPhone's juice, providing up to five hours of 4G mobile broadband usage. As with any sleeve, the Egg will add 2.4 ounces (68 g) of weight and 8 mm of extra bulk to the iPhone 4.
If you prefer to keep your iPhone 4 slim, KT also released the new KM-MR100 mobile hotspot which provides 4 hours of WiMAX connectivity on a single charge. Both the iPhone 4 sleeve and the mobile hotspot are available for 128,000 South Korean Won (US$120).
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter