Apple to exhibit at BookExpo America for the first time
Apple is making a rare appearance at a third-party trade show later this month. The company has reserved a booth in a "prime location" at BookExpo America, which runs from May 23-26. BookExpo America is the largest trade book fair in America, and Apple's booth will be situated by the booths of Random House, Disney Book Group and MacMillian.
PaidContent seems to think that Apple is simply attending the BookExpo to raise awareness of its iBooks platform as e-book sales heat up, and it isn't expected that Apple will announce any iBook-related updates. That doesn't take into account the company's dramatically-reduced trade show profile, however, which makes every booth buy newsworthy. The Digital Reader, which broke the news of Apple's attendance, speculates that the rumors of Apple planning something special for Apple Retail's 10th anniversary could have something to do with iBooks. Apple digital libraries, perhaps?
[hat tip MacRumors]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update