Apple to exhibit at BookExpo America for the first time
Apple is making a rare appearance at a third-party trade show later this month. The company has reserved a booth in a "prime location" at BookExpo America, which runs from May 23-26. BookExpo America is the largest trade book fair in America, and Apple's booth will be situated by the booths of Random House, Disney Book Group and MacMillian.
PaidContent seems to think that Apple is simply attending the BookExpo to raise awareness of its iBooks platform as e-book sales heat up, and it isn't expected that Apple will announce any iBook-related updates. That doesn't take into account the company's dramatically-reduced trade show profile, however, which makes every booth buy newsworthy. The Digital Reader, which broke the news of Apple's attendance, speculates that the rumors of Apple planning something special for Apple Retail's 10th anniversary could have something to do with iBooks. Apple digital libraries, perhaps?
[hat tip MacRumors]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter