Apple to exhibit at BookExpo America for the first time
Apple is making a rare appearance at a third-party trade show later this month. The company has reserved a booth in a "prime location" at BookExpo America, which runs from May 23-26. BookExpo America is the largest trade book fair in America, and Apple's booth will be situated by the booths of Random House, Disney Book Group and MacMillian.
PaidContent seems to think that Apple is simply attending the BookExpo to raise awareness of its iBooks platform as e-book sales heat up, and it isn't expected that Apple will announce any iBook-related updates. That doesn't take into account the company's dramatically-reduced trade show profile, however, which makes every booth buy newsworthy. The Digital Reader, which broke the news of Apple's attendance, speculates that the rumors of Apple planning something special for Apple Retail's 10th anniversary could have something to do with iBooks. Apple digital libraries, perhaps?
[hat tip MacRumors]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV