Apple helping to shape Intel's future
Intel Senior Vice president Tom Kilroy revealed that Intel is working closely with Apple on future products. This relationship is so cozy that Kilroy claims Apple even "helps shape our roadmap." Apple is an attractive customer for Intel as the Cupertino company is often regarded as forward-thinking and an influencer.
You only need to look at the recent quarterly estimates for the PC industry to see why Intel is interested in working so closely with Apple. The Cupertino company only holds a 9.3 percent market share, but its PC sales are growing while its rivals are slumping.
Apple and Intel have a proven working relationship. The two companies developed Thunderbolt, which could replace USB as the new standard for I/O technology.
Intel Senior Vice president Tom Kilroy revealed that Intel is working closely with Apple on future products. This relationship is so...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support