Apple helping to shape Intel's future
Intel Senior Vice president Tom Kilroy revealed that Intel is working closely with Apple on future products. This relationship is so cozy that Kilroy claims Apple even "helps shape our roadmap." Apple is an attractive customer for Intel as the Cupertino company is often regarded as forward-thinking and an influencer.
You only need to look at the recent quarterly estimates for the PC industry to see why Intel is interested in working so closely with Apple. The Cupertino company only holds a 9.3 percent market share, but its PC sales are growing while its rivals are slumping.
Apple and Intel have a proven working relationship. The two companies developed Thunderbolt, which could replace USB as the new standard for I/O technology.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)