XtremeMac intros InCharge Home/Auto BT charging and wireless solutions
Accessory manufacturer XtremeMac just announced two new products that it's adding to its growing line of InCharge charging products for iOS devices. The InCharge Home BT (US$79.99) and InCharge Auto BT ($79.99) are chargers that also provide a way to link to stereo equipment in your home or car.
Both of the new InCharge Bluetooth products feature an adapter that plugs into a power source -- the 12V adapter for your car, and a wall socket for your home. The adapters also have a wired connection to your car or home stereo system. If you want to charge your iOS device and send music to your sound equipment at the same time, grab your standard USB charging cable and plug it into the USB port on the InCharge.
When the iOS device is fully charged, unplug the USB cable and the InCharge Home or Auto BT acts as a Bluetooth receiver through which you can stream music to your home or auto stereo system. The advantage? You can use your USB cable when you need to charge, or go wireless when you just want to listen to tunes.
The XtremeMac website was showing these two products as "coming soon" as late as Noon EDT yesterday, but they should be available in the near future. We're hoping to do a hands-on review of the InCharge Home BT once the product is available.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates