Apple vaults into top 5 PC maker spot in UK, Western Europe
Earlier this week, Gartner issued a press release about the Western European PC market. For most PC manufacturers, things aren't looking good. For the first quarter of 2011, PC sales in the region were down 18 percent year over year. However, as usual, Apple has bucked the trend. For the same period, Apple's Western European PC sales were up 10-15 percent in the same markets. That growth helped the Mac maker spring into the top five PC vendor list in both the UK and Western Europe.
"Apple made its debut among the top five vendors in Western Europe, displacing Toshiba in the first quarter of 2011. Apple was the only one among the top five vendors to increase shipments, with volumes for mobile PCs growing 32 percent in the first quarter of 2011," Gartner said.
The top five PC makers for Western Europe are now HP, Acer, Dell, Asus and Apple; in the UK, the top five are HP, Acer, Dell, Toshiba and Apple.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved