TUAW's Daily iOS App: Castle Runner
Castle Runner is a running title that's more hardcore than Canabalt. The pressure to run and avoid objects is increased by a ceiling slowly coming down on top of your head. As you run along, you'll pick up power-ups that will usually help (either raise the ceiling or allow you more time playing), but sometimes hurt (speeding you up or even darkening the screen so that you have to memorize the obstacles as they come at you).
There are pillars to slide under and bumps to go over, making Castle Runner really tough. Plus, the grayscale color scheme doesn't exactly scream fun and friendly. But for running game fans looking for a challenge, you'll find one here. It's too bad the title doesn't have social networking or Game Center integration (yet?), because a high score in this one is something to brag about. Castle Runner is available for US$0.99 on the App Store for iPhone, and I believe an iPad native version is coming soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update