Cydle i30 is a digital TV receiver for iPhone
Can't get enough of watching the local TV stations? Cydle has a solution coming for your iPhone.
The soon-to-be-released Cydle i30 is a digital TV receiver "sled" for the iPhone. Featuring its own 1100 mAh battery, it'll snag that local PBS outlet, four Spanish-language stations, and three full-time religious channels that you just can't wait to watch. And yes, since your local network stations are required to broadcast their content not only over cable, but also through digital over-the-air broadcasts, you'll be able to watch just about any network show and enjoy all of the advertising as well.
The advantage of the Cydle i30 is that it doesn't require a Wi-Fi connection or use your precious 3G data plan bits, and many times digital TV is about the only way you're going to be able to watch local sporting events or soap operas on your iPhone. Cable network apps such as Comcast's Xfinity TV provide a lot of on-demand content to watch on your iPhone, but not much live TV. They're also dependent on a Wi-Fi network.
No price or expected ship date has been released for the i30.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)