Quick and clean Funnel news app is free today
Funnel is a quick way to scan the Google News headlines. It has a simple interface. Sections are color coded, and the size of the headlines gives you a quick visual idea of the importance of the story based on the number of related articles.
The app supports news from the US, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and the U.K. You can set the app to display in the appropriate language for the country selected.
If you touch an item, you get the first paragraph. Tap 'read more' and you get the content in the built-in browser. You can't search, or see related stories. In the app preferences you can select the kind of news you want in broad categories. I don't think Funnel is a substitute for more feature-rich apps such as Pulse, but it's nice for a quick dive into the news. The app worked reliably, but was a little slow at times to load the full stories into the viewer. The app is free today only and requires iOS 3.2 or later. It also runs on the iPod touch and the iPad but it is not iPad native.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs