Quick and clean Funnel news app is free today
Funnel is a quick way to scan the Google News headlines. It has a simple interface. Sections are color coded, and the size of the headlines gives you a quick visual idea of the importance of the story based on the number of related articles.
The app supports news from the US, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and the U.K. You can set the app to display in the appropriate language for the country selected.
If you touch an item, you get the first paragraph. Tap 'read more' and you get the content in the built-in browser. You can't search, or see related stories. In the app preferences you can select the kind of news you want in broad categories. I don't think Funnel is a substitute for more feature-rich apps such as Pulse, but it's nice for a quick dive into the news. The app worked reliably, but was a little slow at times to load the full stories into the viewer. The app is free today only and requires iOS 3.2 or later. It also runs on the iPod touch and the iPad but it is not iPad native.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter