DIY breakout dock looks to get professional sound out of iPad 2
The iPad is an excellent device for creating and editing sound, but sometimes, just using that headphone port isn't enough. For that, DIY musician Qubais "Reed" Ghazala built this custom-made iPad dock, which plugs the iPad into a whole row of various sound-related ins and outs, from a line input and output to even a video interface. Yes, it's not quite as finished as a professional setup might be, but the DIY style works well here.
Read more of this post to watch a video of the dock in action that includes some tips on its construction in case you want to try putting one together on your own. Ghazala used a PodBreakout board to get all of the data he needed to and from the tablet, and a MacAlly iPad stand as the base unit.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support