New York's Tekserve gets major facelift
It's one of New York's great indie Mac retailers, made famous by Sex and the City and made successful by thousands of loyal customers... but, if we're going to be frank about it, it was a little bit cluttered and cramped. That's why the team at Tekserve spent most of the Memorial Day weekend ripping out the furniture and refreshing the store layout from the (newly sanded) floorboards up.
Store manager Paul Rechsteiner showed me around this week, pointing out the custom product tables (topped with wood recycled from the Coney Island boardwalk), the expanded staging area for repair consultations and the small assortment of non-Apple phones alongside the iPhone (Tekserve is a Verizon reseller now, which allows them to sell the iPhone). All in all, the changes make for a more pleasant shopping experience; there are still a few rough spots to iron out, but considering this was done almost entirely by the store's staff in just a few days, it's quite impressive.
Tekserve's official launch for the new store setup is this Friday, June 3, and they'll be offering discount specials until July 3 to commemorate the occasion. Check the website for details.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free