i-FlashDrive lets you quickly share files between PC and iPhone
Our sister site Engadget has discovered a must have accessory if you're constantly finding yourself wanting to share files between your iPhone and PCs. PhotoFast's i-FlashDrive features a USB 2.0 port on one end and an Apple 30-pin dock connector on the other. Plug the USB drive into your PC or Mac and drag any files onto it just as you would with a normal thumb drive. When you're done, simply plug the drive into your iPhone's dock connector and use the Apple-approved app to move copy the files to your iPhone.
I know, you can just use iTunes to sync files or drag and drop files to certain apps, right? What makes i-FlashDrive so handy is for those times when you want to copy files between a computer and iPhone and you don't own one of those devices. For example, you might be in a business meeting and want a copy of a 100 MB Keynote presentation a colleague has on his MacBook, but all you've got on you is your iPhone. Simply use the i-FlashDrive to copy the file from the MacBook and then plug it into your iPhone and copy it from the drive.
i-FlashDrive won't be available in the US until July and it will come in sizes ranging from 4 GB to 32 GB with prices from US$95 to $180.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)