TUAW's Daily iPhone App: Velocispider
Lord knows why you'd want to actually combine a spider and a Velociraptor, but developer Retro Dreamer did anyway, and the result is Velocispider, a fun pixelated shoot-em-up game that's out universally on the iPad and iPhone. The Araknasaur (as the creature's called) serves as your cannon for some wacky reason, and it's your job to tilt the iPhone left and right to control the little abomination of nature through waves of enemies of all kinds.
The game's quite fun, and while it's pretty simple, the addition of power-ups keeps things interesting enough to chase your highest score. Once you hit a record, you can share it with Game Center integration as well, and then go back in and try to score even bigger.
Retro tunes and really charming enemy designs (along with a skeleton story) make this a real winner. Definitely check it out -- Velocispider is available on the App Store for US$0.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad