TUAW's Daily iPhone App: Velocispider
Lord knows why you'd want to actually combine a spider and a Velociraptor, but developer Retro Dreamer did anyway, and the result is Velocispider, a fun pixelated shoot-em-up game that's out universally on the iPad and iPhone. The Araknasaur (as the creature's called) serves as your cannon for some wacky reason, and it's your job to tilt the iPhone left and right to control the little abomination of nature through waves of enemies of all kinds.
The game's quite fun, and while it's pretty simple, the addition of power-ups keeps things interesting enough to chase your highest score. Once you hit a record, you can share it with Game Center integration as well, and then go back in and try to score even bigger.
Retro tunes and really charming enemy designs (along with a skeleton story) make this a real winner. Definitely check it out -- Velocispider is available on the App Store for US$0.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features