Gameloft starts the Father's Day app sales
I suspect we'll see quite a few app sales pop up over this upcoming Father's Day weekend, partly because any holiday these days tends to attract a few lowered prices in the App Store, and partly because there will likely be a few lucky dads out there picking up a new iPhone or iPad 2 for their parenting trouble. Gameloft's the first company with a slew of sales on, including Final Fantasy ripoff Eternal Legacy, NFL 2011, Real Soccer 2011, WoW ripoff Order and Chaos Online, and Spider-man: Total Mayhem, all for the low, low price of just US 99 cents.
Gameloft also has a Twitter contest going on, but it requires a pretty gnarly retweet, so you'll have to decide if a $10 iTunes card is worth spamming all of your followers. Or do what I do, and keep a separate Twitter account just for silly RT contests like this one.
So congrats to all those dads out there -- just think, all of the diapers and whining and crying were completely worth it, because this weekend you get to pick up Eternal Legacy for just a buck. And stay tuned, we'll probably see a few more sales heading on into this weekend.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)