Gameloft starts the Father's Day app sales
I suspect we'll see quite a few app sales pop up over this upcoming Father's Day weekend, partly because any holiday these days tends to attract a few lowered prices in the App Store, and partly because there will likely be a few lucky dads out there picking up a new iPhone or iPad 2 for their parenting trouble. Gameloft's the first company with a slew of sales on, including Final Fantasy ripoff Eternal Legacy, NFL 2011, Real Soccer 2011, WoW ripoff Order and Chaos Online, and Spider-man: Total Mayhem, all for the low, low price of just US 99 cents.
Gameloft also has a Twitter contest going on, but it requires a pretty gnarly retweet, so you'll have to decide if a $10 iTunes card is worth spamming all of your followers. Or do what I do, and keep a separate Twitter account just for silly RT contests like this one.
So congrats to all those dads out there -- just think, all of the diapers and whining and crying were completely worth it, because this weekend you get to pick up Eternal Legacy for just a buck. And stay tuned, we'll probably see a few more sales heading on into this weekend.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync